
Tarini has been asking why there are no "baby" pictures of her. I knew it would eventually come but it surprised me that she was already asking. I guess it is no wonder, considering how much she loves pictures. She loves to spend hours looking at pictures on the computer and of course there are pictures of Benjamin. They are not exactly baby pictures, but he is much younger and obviously smaller. I have explained it as best and simply as I could but it hasn't completely satisfied her.
For some reason, I felt like I should ask our agency if they would check with the children's home Tarini was in to see if there happened to be any pictures that hadn't been shared with us. We had only been given pictures that were taken since November 2007. We have not had any luck with getting anymore pictures from the children's home but our agency did give us a very special gift. They found 10 pictures that had been taken by an agency associate during a visit in January 2007. In the pictures, our sweet girl is tiny and still has the roundness of a baby, although she is 3 1/2 at the time they were taken. What matters is this...when she saw them you could not have contained the excitement in her eyes. She immediately identified them as her "baby pictures, just like Benjamin's" and all was well in her world.
I am so thankful for the gift of these pictures, not only for my daughter, but for our family as well. I know how amazing it is that we even have these pictures and I will not forget that blessing.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What an amazing gift! We were able to get a copy of Micah's newborn pic believe it or not. We have that, 3 months, and 9 months. That's it. But, the newborn picture I will always cherish as a special gift, as you do these. She is, as always a beauty! ;)