The Big Day

Posted by Eric, Tara, Benjamin and Tarini | Posted in

Today has just been an amazing day! Well, I’m guessing the question on the minds of you who have been following along is how did everything go? Ha, ha… I know something you don’t… just kidding. Ok… Are you ready for this? Perhaps you should sit down for this one… We are coming home and we are bringing Benjamin with us! The judge has graciously agreed to waive the mandatory 10 day stay so that we can get our lives started right away.

Ok, secondly, court… Hmmm… I’m finding it very difficult to describe this part to you. A very serious room, though at one point some very relieved participants… I’m probably going to have to collect my thoughts and get back to you on this one… Suffice to say, we, and by we I mean Tara has truly perfected the art of fulfilling Russian Adoption paperwork. I know I’ve said this before, but Kudos on a job well done, honey!

Well, there is plenty more to be told of this day’s events. I won’t spoil all of the suspense right away… Ok, actually, I’m just very tired and things are just a blur right now. Well, let’s just agree that the most important thing has already been said… We are officially parents!

Thanks again for the kind thoughts and warm wishes. We miss our family and our friends very much.

Ok, one more thought, while I’m thinking of it. As I’m typing this blog from the room of our hotel I am reminded of the character of George Bailey, who dreamed of big things only to realize that his riches were not found in the wealth of this world, rather, his friends and the people whose lives he touched. *It is a wonderful life!*

Comments (1)

Hey guys,
Congratulations!! What a big relief. Congrats on the 10 day waive. That is a nice little bonus. We will keep praying for you guys for safe and quick travels home.

Good luck,
Bus